Friday, April 13, 2012

Researching Options

Guest post written by Derick Burks

We’ve been researching ADT Security Sale City for the house because my wife and I are considering allowing the kids to come home alone in the afternoons. I know it’s not that big of a deal to a lot of people but to us it’s a huge decision – my wife has been a stay at home mom until the last 2 years and having the kids come home to a house that’s empty makes us both really nervous.

 I know it’s not a problem for most kids and that nothing bad will happen but you know, what if something comes up and they’re in bad shape somehow? Will they know how to protect themselves if that kind of situation arises? I’ve thought about having my momcome over and watch them in the afternoons but they’re at an age now when they need to learn that I trust them and that I think they’re capable of being alone at the house. I know the first thunderstorm that comes up will scare them to death!

No comments:

Post a Comment